Being cheated on sucks, whether it was your boyfriend or spouse who did it. As much as any other form of cheating hurts, seeing your partner on a dating app is a shocker. Maybe it was your friend who saw your partner’s profile on Tinder, or you saw a dating app installed on their phone, whatever the case, it is something to worry to about.
Wondering whether or not it’s considered cheating? Hear from this survey. ABODO apartments surveyed 3,500 college students and found that 69% of these individuals felt that using dating apps when you are in an exclusive relationship counts as cheating regardless of the context, while others had different ideas about its use. Some were fine with messages as long as there is no intention of meeting the person.
What constitutes cheating is different for each couple as it depends on their definition of infidelity and beliefs. Swiping on Tinder or any other dating app without the intention of hooking up with the person is just like watching porn even though you have a partner.
But is it even okay to look?
Experts suggest that even if you are using a dating app to curb boredom, you must examine why you are turning to itfor filling the emptiness in your life.
When you are at work or in a public place and someone attractive walks by, you might think they are good looking but it’s just a thought and it ends there (it should too though). However, when you are particularly logging into a dating app to seek situation out likes these, it means you are intentionally putting yourself in a risky situation that may lead to infidelity.
Instead of seeking validation from these apps, one should seek emotional connection, affection, and praise from their partner.
How to figure out if they are still using the dating app?
If your friend told you and even showed your partner’s active Tinder profile to you in person, your relationship is most definitely in trouble. But if you just suspect they are using Tinder and you want to validate it, Xnspy, aspouse monitoring app could be of help. It is one of the popular apps even working parents are using.
Now don’t panic on hearing spouse monitoring app. If you really want to see whether or not your partner is actively using their Tinder, you have got to make this move. You can use this app to monitor everything you are looking for without touching their phone. Let me show you how you can use Xnspy for this purpose.
Luckily, if your partner uses an iPhone, you don’t need to install Xnspy on their device. Since it is also an iPhone monitoring app, you simply need their iCloud credentials. Follow the steps below to find out if your partner is using Tinder and if they are actually trying to flirt with someone.
Step 1:Just download Xnspy and follow the instructions to set up your Xnspy web account. When you log in for the first time, you will have topair the iCloud of your partner with the app by entering their iCloud credentials. It will take 24 hours to extract data stored on their iCloud and display it you via a dashboard.
Step 2:To access this dashboard, go to the login link from the official website of Xnspy, enter your Xnspy web account credentials and there you go.
Step 3:From the dashboard, choose ‘Messenger’ and a drop-down list will appear.
Step 4:Now, click on ‘Tinder’ to view the Tinder inbox and the chats.
So, with Xnspy, you will be able to view their Tinder chat logs and even read the chat threads. You can check the names of the people they have chatted with and view the time and date stamps. You can also view their dating preferences and see if they still have a paid membership.
If your partner is flirting with anyone, this spouse monitoring app will reveal everything. As mentioned before, since Xnspy is also an iPhone monitoring app, you can also use it for:
- Checking call history, iMessages,and text messages.
- Location tracking to figure out the current location of your partner’s phone and their location history.
- View their IM chats from Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Line, and Kik too.
- Check their emails from the phone’s default web browser
Other ways to find out if they are using dating apps
- Check browsing history: If you have shared devices, then check browsing history of each. There is a possibility your partner is using a dating site or app right under your nose. In case you see an app that you don’t recognize, just Google it to find out what it is. You can also scan their emails to see if there is an email from that particular website.
- Run a Google search of their picture and email: Enter your partner’s email address, full name, phone number and profile picture and see what shows up in the results. Although you may not know which profile pictures your spouse has been using over these apps and because of that, you might have to run multiple searches.
- Or simply ask them: If you think above methods ways are not best to use, depending on the type of relationship you have with your partner, then the best way to clear the misunderstanding is to ask them about it in person. Their response will tell you everything you need to know.
No matter what you and your partner decide your relationship should look like, it is important to have an honest and open communication with your partner and even discuss what constitutescheating.
If you aren’t cool with your partner exchanging messages with someone without the intention of meeting them in person or even having an active profile on a dating app or site, then just let them know about it and develop a faithful ground for your relationship.You should have a chat about your concerns and dive into the gray areas of your relationshipmoving forward.